The Voice Quality Service Value Package (SVP) is an automated, distributed solution to proactively test voice quality over a variety of call scenarios across various locations within an operator’s network. For each test, the VQ SVP validates end-to-end voice calls over the air interface and through the operator’s network. It then assesses the speech quality of the voice call using industry-standard ITU algorithms that specifically address impairments commonly found in wireless and packet-based networks. The Voice Quality SVP compares the received audio with the sent audio, producing a Mean Opinion Score (MOS) that predicts overall subjective listening quality without requiring actual human testing. Real-time results reporting provide operators with full visibility into their network’s current performance, enabling them to respond rapidly to issues. Using this information, operators can enhance performance for greater profitability.
The Voice Quality SVP enables operators to test a variety of local and long distance scenarios, including mobile-to-mobile, mobile-to-wireline and wireline-to-mobile and compare the quality associated with specific access technologies (i.e., GSM vs. UMTS) or core networks (circuit-switched vs. packet-based.) Specific to mobile phones and networks, these test profiles are fully parameterized and extensible, which lets operators develop their own profiles to address complex or operator-specific test requirements. In addition to the fully automated test mode, the solution also provides operators with an interactive mode for validating network modifications prior to deployment or for troubleshooting network or service issues.
- Fully-automated solution for testing voice quality from an end-user perspective
- Originates and terminates voice calls throughout the operator’s network
- Supports industry-standard speech quality algorithms for mobile-to-mobile, mobile-to-wireline and wireline-to-mobile calls
- Validation of voice calls from a subscriber perspective
- Enables continuous monitoring of service quality and availability from large numbers of geographically-dispersed locations
- Supports RCATSONE Mobile Identity (MI) ServerTM, providing a centrally-located pool of SIM modules for testing various subscriber profiles in remote locations
- Flexible and extensible script language with advanced parameterization, control and logging functionality
- HLR access and control via custom integration or SSH-based CLI scripts
- Interactive mode for test development and troubleshooting.
- Faster detection of customer-impacting problems facilitates resolution for increased customer satisfaction
- Greater customer satisfaction reduces churn and increases revenues
- Automated monitoring, testing, and reporting decreases operating costs
- Network-wide, real-time reporting of measurements and key performance indicators (KPIs) increases operator visibility of service quality
- Performing a common set of tests throughout the entire network footprint ensures more consistent customer experience
- Extensive recursive testing capability reduces the time required and associated risk of network infrastructure installation or modification.