The Supplementary Services Service Value Package (SVP) enables wireless service providers to test an end user’s experience for expected behaviour and quality of service with supplementary services like caller ID, call waiting, forwarding, call hold and call barring. The Supplementary Services SVP provides test profiles to verify that supplementary services operate as intended and are properly provisioned for both local and roaming subscribers.
Specific to mobile phones and networks, these test profiles are fully parameterized and extensible, which lets operators develop their own profiles to address complex or operator-specific test requirements. In addition to the fully automated test mode, the solution also provides operators with an interactive mode for validating network modifications prior to deployment or for troubleshooting network or service issues. For testing that requires HLR interaction, the Supplementary Services SVP enables access and control of external network nodes via custom integration.
- Validation of supplementary services from a subscriber perspective
- Tests caller ID, call waiting, forwarding, call hold and call barring within an operator’s network
- Enables continuous monitoring of service quality and availability from a large number of geographically- dispersed locations
- Supports RCATSONETM Mobile Identity (MI) ServerTM, providing a centrally-located pool of SIM modules for testing various subscriber profiles in remote locations
- Flexible and extensible script language with advanced parameterization, control and logging functionality
- HLR access and control via custom integration or SSH-based CLI scripts
- Interactive mode for test development and troubleshooting.
- Faster detection of customer-impacting problems facilitates resolution for increased customer satisfaction
- Greater customer satisfaction reduces churn and increases revenues
- Automated monitoring, testing, and reporting decreases operating costs
- Network-wide, real-time reporting of measurements and key performance indicators (KPIs) increases operator visibility of service quality
- Performing a common set of tests throughout the entire network footprint ensures more consistent customer experience
- Extensive recursive testing capability reduces the time required and associated risk of network infrastructure installation or modification.